Senior Manager - Events and Operations
- Refining how your emergency management plan integrates with the rest of the organisation
- Developing a culture within your organisation to make emergency management priority
- How the plan reaches out across the stadium and into the wider parts if the jurisdiction
- Integrating and scenario planning with emergency services
- Ensuring risk assessments are reviewed regularly
This session will look at the security aspects of GIO Stadium, Manuka Oval and Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC), which are home to hundreds of events each year.
The talk will look at:
- How a venue engages with effectively with incoming information - from intelligence agencies, policing, and through to the government
- Last mile principle - how do you extend that to safety and security to review who is attending events and keeping issues outside?
- Recent investments in CCTV, technology, landscaping principles and other venue hardening principles
- Ensuring hard and soft security presence to provide information back to the control centre
- Evacuation simulation and strategies for handling the flow of people